Families of military service members and veterans face some unique challenges such as disruptions in parenting. Learn how families may be affected.
Service members and veterans face some different health issues from civilians. Their families also face some unique challenges. Families may have to cope with
- Separation from their loved ones
- Anxiety over loved ones’ safety in combat zones
- Illnesses and injuries from combat, including disabilities
- Mental health effects of military service, including post-traumatic stress disorder
- Family issues such as disruptions in parenting
- Caregiver stress